NEWS RELEASE from the Platte Institute
September 20, 2019
Contact: Adam Weinberg
Panels on Property Taxes, Workforce, and Regulation
LINCOLN, NE – The Platte Institute will host its 2019 Legislative Summit on Friday, October 4 at the Embassy Suites in Lincoln (1040 P Street, 68508). The program begins at 8:15 a.m. with registration and breakfast at 7:30 a.m. An agenda is attached.
The Platte Institute hosts its Legislative Summit annually. The event offers lawmakers, community leaders, and Nebraskans a preview of policy solutions that can remove barriers to economic opportunity in the upcoming legislative session.
Platte Institute staff will moderate panels with the following speakers:
- Sen. Mike Groene, Nebraska Legislative District 42
- Sen. Lou Ann Linehan, Nebraska Legislative District 39
- Sen. John Lowe, Nebraska Legislative District 37
- John Albin, Commissioner, Nebraska Department of Labor
- James Broughel, Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center at George Mason University
- Dick Clark, Legal Counsel to the Government, Military and Veterans Affairs Committee
- Laura Ebke, Senior Fellow for Job Licensing Reform, Platte Institute
- Jim Greisch, Public Policy Chair, Greater Omaha Chamber
- Suzanne Hultin, Employment, Labor & Retirement Program Director, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Jon Sanders, Director of Regulatory Studies, John Locke Foundation
- Janice Satra, Legal Counsel to the Executive Board, Nebraska Legislature
- Bryan Slone, President, Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Beth Townsend, Director, Iowa Workforce Development
- Lucas Vebber, Deputy Counsel and Director of Regulatory Reform and Federalism, Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty
- Jonathan Williams, Chief Economist and Vice President for the Center for State Fiscal Reform, American Legislative Exchange Council
- Lisa Wilson, Human Resources Manager, CNH Industrial
Program topics include state regulatory reform, the first year of Nebraska’s new job licensing review law, workforce development, and property tax reform. The Platte Institute staff will also present the 2019 Connie Brown Freedom Award at the opening of the Legislative Summit. The award is presented to Nebraskans whose work has helped to advance economic freedom in the state.
More information and paid registration are online at http://plattesummit.eventbrite.com. Registration for members of the media is complimentary.
For more information, please contact Adam Weinberg at (402) 452-3737 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Platte Institute advances policies that remove barriers to growth and opportunity in Nebraska. For more media resources, please visit PlatteInstitute.org/Media.